mandag 20. februar 2012

Berry Power


For today's lunch I created a 7 berry smoothie blend. It was delicious!
Makes about 2 tall glasses as the one in the picture.
I used about a handful of frozen strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and aroniaberries (also called chokeberries, but to my ears that name makes them sound poisonous ,so I stick with aronia) The goji berries I like to soften in a little water before adding them to the smoothie. Add a small banana and 2 tsp. acaiberry powder. Now you have already created an antioxidant bomb! But you're not done yet:) 
For the liquid I used rice milk with coconut flavor this time and I also added some coconut yoghurt. Be sure to get the quality stuff without a lot of preservatives and sugar! Don’t throw away the water the goji’s have been soaking in, use it as part of the liquid. As always though, be careful not to use too much liquid or you smoothie may turn into soup. Don't want that!
I always like to give my smoothies the little extra so this time I blended in some chia seeds and crushed linseeds/flaxseeds for healthy fats.  
Get you blender moving and when you have achieved the right consistency pour into a glass and decorate it if you wish. Today I decorated with some tart cherry syrup from Pure Planet as my 7th berry, sprinkled some cacao nibs from Navita Naturals and for the finishing touch some  healthy oil from Aman Prana called Happy Delight.


Lots of Love, Enjoy!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar